1. Library membership is free to all residents of Hardeman County.
2. Library cards are issued to users 18 and older with a photo ID such as a Hardeman County address on a current Texas Driver’s License or Texas ID card.
3. Library cards are issued to children between the ages of 3 and 17 with their parent’s or guardian’s signature. The responsible adult must show a current photo ID with a Hardeman County address.
4. Emancipated minors may sign up for a card without parent or guardian’s signature by presenting proof of emancipation and photo ID with a Hardeman County address on it.
5. It is the patron’s responsibility to notify the Library of any changes in address or phone number as soon as the change is made.
6. In special circumstances, use of a library card by someone other than the cardholder is acceptable with the permission of the staff. Staff may verify permission by phone and will note this permission in the patron’s record. To revoke this authorization, the cardholder should contact the Library via email, phone or in person.
1. Library materials are lent to borrowers as follow:
a. Books, audiobooks, magazines – 2 weeks
b. Videos and DVD – 2 days
2. Reference materials – typically do not circulate; however, the Librarian may make an exception if circumstances warrant.
3. The Library reserves the right to limit the number of items that may be borrowed.
a. Books, Audiobooks magazines are limited to 5 per household.
b. DVDs are limited to 2 per household.
c. Patrons may borrow a total of 7 items.
Amazon does not charge anything for this service. You can donate money or books to the library. There will be a book Wish List if you should want to donate that way. Your contribution today helps us make a difference.
There is a slight charge with Paypal.
Board of Directors 2019
Ronald Ingram, President
David Smith, Vice President
Mary Ann Naylor, Treasurer
This is a Governance Board whose members are the fiduciaries that steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure this nonprofit has the adequate resources to advance our mission.
Janice Davis, Director
Nell Looper, Librarian